As summer approaches and the weather warms up, it’s important to inspect your pool and spa drains to ensure everything is working properly so your pool or spa can be enjoyed safely. Pool safety is always important and a drain inspection now, after months of little or no pool use, can provide peace of mind that your drains are safe and the pool is ready for summer!
Pool and Spa Drain Safety Checklist Highlights:
- Compliance: Confirm that the pool or spa has the appropriate ASME/ANSI A112.19.8 2007 (or successor standard) compliant drain covers installed, including on the skimmer equalizer lines, by checking the certificate.
- Label: Confirm that one of the following required labeling schemes are stamped on the drain covers.
- ASME/ANSI A112.19.8 2007 standard or successor standard
- VGB 2008 (or the year the successor standard was approved)
- The swimmer logo; or a combination of any of these
- Integrity: Confirm that the drain covers are intact with no loose or missing screws.
- Lifespan: Confirm that the drain covers have not exceeded the manufacturer-recommended lifespan.
Hereford Regional Medical Center is committed to the health and safety of our community and this checklist is a great resource to help keep your pool or spa safe this summer.
For a complete pool and spa drain safety checklist, click here.